• Twitter
  • Facebook
815-726-9200
Free Initial Consultation 815-726-9200
Mevorah Law Offices LLC

6 Convenient Locations

  Twitter Facebook  

Free Initial Consultation

815-726-9200
Se habla español
Se habla español

Victims Who Suffer Serious, Life-Long Complications of Traumatic Brain Injury May Be Owed Compensation

Posted on in Personal Injury

Will County personal injury lawyersEach year, around 1.7 million people suffer from traumatic brain injury (TBI). About 75 percent of those victims suffer only minor complications and eventually heal from their injuries. Still, that leaves another 25 percent of victims who suffer either fatality (around 52,000 per year) or long-term complications that may ultimately lead to death. When such situations are the result of negligence, compensation to cover medical expenses, treatments, and life expenses are crucial. The following explains your right to pursue this compensation, and where you can find quality assistance to improve your chances of a positive outcome.

Traumatic Brain Injuries and Negligence

Negligence is not a factor in every traumatic brain injury case, but it is more common than most realize. For example, auto accidents are the third leading cause of traumatic brain injury. Falls, which are the leading cause of TBI, can also involve an element of negligence. Examples might include slip and fall injuries in a store, down a flight of stairs in a business establishment, or a fall in the icy parking lot of a grocery store. This is known as premises liability - a situation in which the owner of a building or parking lot has failed to ensure the safety of its patrons.

Pursuing Compensation for a TBI Caused by Negligence

The process of pursuing compensation for a TBI is highly complex one that victims often struggle with. This is especially true for those who suffer serious and long-term complications that have altered their ability to live a full and autonomous life. To make matters worse, insurance companies and claims adjusters often attempt to minimize the impact of an injury experienced by victims. Alternatively, they may try to shift the blame from the negligent party to the victim so that they can reduce the payout amount. An attorney can help with both issues. Able to handle all the legal details of your case, they can protect your rights and best interests.

Contact Our Will County Personal Injury Lawyers

If you or someone you love has experienced a serious traumatic brain injury, and you suspect that negligence may have been a factor, Mevorah Law Offices LLC can help. Committed to helping you and your loved ones receive the compensation that you deserve, we will aggressively pursue the most favorable outcome possible in your case. Learn more by scheduling a free consultation with our Will County personal injury lawyers. Call 815-726-9200.

Sources:

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north/2016/12/30/Slippery-Rock-man-dies-of-complications-from-brain-injury-after-2009-drunken-driving-crash/stories/201612300160

https://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/pdf/BlueBook_factsheet-a.pdf

 

Recent Blog Posts

Categories

Archives

  • AVVO Rating 10 Top Attorney Personal Injury
  • Elite Lawyers
  • National Association of Distinguished Counsel
  • Top 40 Under 40
  • 2015 Top 40 Lawyers Under 40
  • Super Lawyers

Let us start helping you with a FREE initial consultation.

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
*
*
*