Will County, Illinois Immigration Attorneys
Green Card and Visa Lawyers Serving Joliet, Lockport and Plainfield
Immigration cases can be complicated and require detailed knowledge and understanding of the rules and procedures set out by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Your ability to lawfully live and work in the United States depends on following the correct channels and receiving the proper documentation from USCIS. If you do not take the necessary steps, you may face deportation or removal proceedings, which can ultimately separate you from your family, home, and job and may potentially hinder you from lawfully returning to the United States in the future.
In order to protect your rights and your ability to remain in the U.S., you should always consult with an experienced Will County immigration law firm to make sure you follow all of the correct immigration steps.
Immigration Services at Joliet Law Firm
The Mevorah Law Offices LLC offers assistance with many different types of immigrations matters. Some of these include:
- Obtaining a nonimmigrant temporary visa, which allows you entry into the United States for a temporary stay.
- Obtaining an immigrant visa, which allows you to enter the United States with intent to become a permanent resident. There are several different types of such visas, including the family-based visa and an employment visa.
- Obtaining a green card, which is an identification card that attests to your status as a permanent resident of the United States.
- Obtaining refugee or asylum status in the United States, which allows you to remain in the U.S. after fleeing a war or persecution based on race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or social group.
- Assistance with naturalization, which means you become a citizen of the United States and receive all the rights and responsibilities of anyone with U.S. citizenship.
- Defense in deportation/removal proceedings, which may either keep you in the country or allow you to leave in a way that later allows you to lawfully return.
Each of these immigration processes are complicated and involve extensive paperwork that must be completed and filed correctly. Too often, immigrant applications for visas, green cards, or citizenship are delayed or denied because of a clerical error or violation of procedural rules. No matter what documentation you wish to obtain, experienced Joliet immigration attorneys understand the process from start to finish. We will work to allow you to lawfully remain in the United States for as long as you want, or even permanently.